What is a Paylink? And how do I use it?
A paylink is a secure, unique link you can email to your customers which gives them the opportunity to pay you for a job by entering their own card details. Some customers often feel much more comfortable entering their card details themselves, rather than giving them away over the phone. This option is included in your SimplyPayMe subscription. In order to utilize, you simply follow these steps:
- 1. Depending on whether you are in your dashboard or in-app:
- 1a) In-app: please complete steps 1 through 5 of “Face to Face”
- 1b) In your browser: please complete steps 1 through 3 of “Over the Phone”
- 2. Select the “Paylink” (Browser) or “Send Paylink” (in-app)
- 2a) In-app: Confirm the total and press “I Accept”
- 2b) In your browser: Enter your customer’s name and email and click “Send Paylink”
- 3. In-app: select or enter the customer’s name and enter their email. Click “Continue”
- 4. Your customer will receive an email with a link they can click to arrive at the payment page. The payment will need to be made within 48 hours. The email will also contain an electronic invoice for your customer’s convenience.
Paylinks From Online Dashboard
Paylinks From Your Mobile Application
Pro Tip: If your customers are reluctant and perhaps not to familiar with terms from the payment industry, such as PCI compliance, tell them you can send them a paylink. Many feel much more comfortable with this as it allows them to be in control of the card processing and gives a similar experience to that of online shopping. A feeling most of us are used to and have no problems with.
Extra: Cash Payments
Not only do we allow for all the above payments, but because we want you to be able to track everything in SimplyPayMe, you can also track cash payments. Follow the steps above to the point where you see the “Cash” option. Select this option and the amount will be calculated towards your total in SimplyPayMe App dashboard for you to track and manage everything using only SimplyPayMe App.
Pro Tip: If you receive bank transfers, track these as well by recording them as cash in SimplyPayMe. This will track the payments towards your month totals. You can simply add to your notes in the specific job that this was not a cash payment, but bank transfer.