If you have recently signed up to SimplyPayMe and want to take your first payment, here’s what you need to get started.
- Set up
- Test payment
1. Set up
If you’re reading this, the chances are that you’ve already signed up to SimplyPayMe. If not, before you go any further, you need to set up an account.
If you want to try all the features SimplyPayMe’s platform offers, select ‘Sign Up’ on our landing page. We won’t ask you to provide any billing information and there are no crafty hidden clauses to dupe you into a lengthy contract. Our Invoicing Plus Plan is a chance for you to try all features of our app for free and it only takes a few minutes to register.
You can also sign up by downloading our app which automatically gives you access to everything available on our free Invoicing Plus plan.
While we won’t ask for payment information on our Invoicing Plus Plan we will still need some information from you, so keep the following details to hand:
- UK bank details (account number and sort code)
- Business information (whether a limited company or sole trader)
- Identification (Passport or UK Drivers License)
- Utility bill for Proof of
Then, you simply need to follow the prompts on the registration page.
2. Test payment
Once you’ve registered and we’ve validated your account we’ll send you a message to guide you through making a £1.25 test payment. This is important because it helps us to make sure that your account is healthy and active. It also shows you how easy the SimplyPayMe system is to use.
That done, you’re ready to start taking payments.
From time to time SimplyPayMe will need to contact you. When we do, you will receive an email from an address with one of the below extensions:
We know how tempting that spam button can be, but it’s important that you add these addresses to your safe sender list and read the information enclosed.
It’s equally important that you DO NOT open/interact with messages from any other address professing to be from SimplyPayMe. If in doubt, contact our customer support team.
4. Other information
- SimplyPayMe is PCI level 1 compliant, which is the highest grade of security compliance you can achieve in the card payments industry. Find out more about what this means for you and your customers here. SimplyPayMe customer support team is always on hand via email, call or chat, to help you find the best payment solution for your business.
Ready to start taking payments?